Thursday, June 23, 2011

Baby You're a Firework...


 I always arrange a 4th of July mantel, but since I've been so busy reading other blogs, I thought it was time to add something new.  I mean really...there is so much out there!  I found a great hurricane idea here: http://sweetsomethingdesign.blogspot.com/2011/06/easy-hurricanes.html.  She used pickle jars, I used Kerr jars I found at Goodwill for 99¢ a piece.  I also purchased the flags at Goodwill in a packet of 4 for 98¢.  As mentioned in the original blog, I used spray adhesive to hold the flag and then carefully painted Modge Podge over the flag being careful to not get any on the jar.  I think it would be fun to make a dozen and line my walkway on the 4th of July.

Another decorating idea was to use scrap wood and wooden letters from Michael's to make a USA sign.  My favorite hubby cut down a piece of wood that I stained.  After spray painting the letters with paint I had on hand, I simply used a glue gun to glue the letters.  Voila...super duper easy and only cost me $4.50.


Finally pinwheels.  Where have I been?  Pinwheels are so darn cute and so amazingly cheap to make!  I used scrapbook paper and buttons I had on hand.  I made some cuts here and there, pulled out my trusty glue gun, and went to work.  Pinwheels = Festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment