Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scrapbook Paper Pumpkin

I recently tried my hand at some scrapbook paper canvas art.  After completing the project I began to think of other things I could create with paper and Modge Podge.  Since pumpkins are seen just about everywhere now, that's where I got my inspiration.  

The materials I needed for this project were scrapbook paper,

 a fake pumpkin, and Modge Podge.

The first thing I did was cut the paper into strips.  I didn't measure them, just eyeballed it using my scrapbooking paper cutter. 

I plopped myself in front of the TV with the pumpkin, warm water, a dish of Modge Podge, a paintbrush, and the paper.  Before applying the paper to the pumpkin I lightly dipped the strips into the warm water, one at a time.  It did make the paper fragile to work with, but it stuck to the pumpkin wonderfully.  I ended up painting small areas of the pumpkin with the glue before putting the strips on and then again, brushed more glue on top spending a lot of time on the edges to get them to lay down and look smooth. 

 Here we are...all done!

Because the paper had straight sides and the pumpkin was round, it was difficult to not have any creases.  


Last month I purchased the "Trick or Treat" decal from Group Dealz for $2.50. 



4 comments:

  1. oh the pumpkins I have seen this year decorated so differently love yours its one of my favorites come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative, LOVE it! Love the mixed scrapbook paper, fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO cute! What a great idea! I'm your newest follower. I hope you'll stop by my new blog at loveofhomes.blogspot.com & follow along!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete