Sunday, January 22, 2012

Valentine's Day Mantel

It seems a bit early to have my Valentine's mantel up, but since I wanted to post about it I figured I needed to get it put together and finished.

I made a couple of things for this mantel, the first being the 3 pom pom hearts hanging from the mirror, which can be read about in this post.

The other thing I whipped up was the pink candle holder.  While strolling through Goodwill, I came across this green vase for 99¢.  I liked the bubble effect.  I also bought the small plate for 49¢.  Using some E6000 glue, I bonded them together.


I ran into a problem though...When I placed a pillar candle on it, the balance was off and the candle tipped over.  Back to Goodwill I went.  I picked up another, larger,  49¢ plate to glue to the bottom of the vase and spray painted it pink.  Much better.  I placed some of the extra crystals from the pom pom hearts on the plate, however I think it would look cuter with some Conversation Hearts (I'll have to pick some of those up soon.)


The pom pom hearts.










The Finished Product

3 comments:

  1. That looks fabulous! I would love for you to link up at my new Valentine Party at www.cheapcraftymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the mantel!! Awesome job on the candle holders...good thinking to put the plate on the bottom! I would love for you to come share tomorrow over at Passionatelyperfect.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute! Thanks so much for linking up!! Just a reminder to register for my giveaway...

    Ramsign Giveaway: Porcelain Enamel Sign {up to $99 value}

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete