Friday, February 10, 2012

Kids' Valentines

For the last, I don't know how many years, I have made my kids' Valentines cards for their exchanges.  I can't stand how incredibly cheap the ones in the store are nowadays.  I remember when I was in grade school, the cards used to be halfway decent.  Not so much anymore.

This year I decided to try something that is all over Blog Land...3D Valentines.

I started by taking a picture of my daughter holding her fist out like she had something in it.  I also took the picture standing up on a chair so it drew her eyes and arm upwards.  After uploading the picture to Picasa, I used Piknik to do some editing, such as the frame and text.


For my son, I went with a slightly different approach.  I had him look up like something was on his head.  Again I took this picture standing on a chair, however, I don't think it really made a difference.  I also did some editing with his picture as well.


I uploaded these 2 pictures to Walmart and had them completed overnight.  While I was there picking them up, I grabbed a bag of good ol' Dum Dum Pops.

With the use of an Exacto knife, I made a couple of slits in each picture and slid a sucker in each card.



3D Valentine's Day cards...quick and easy.

2 comments:

  1. Stop it right now sister. That is super cute. Just showed the whole family. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janell...your comment just brought a smile to my face (sister). Glad you liked them...nothing I came up with on my own, but certainly easy enough for me to copy. Have a good one.

      Delete