Sunday, September 30, 2012

Halloween "Eek" Wreath

Who knows where I am going to keep yet another wreath when November rolls around, but I made one.  I couldn't resist.

After perusing Pinterest, amazingly I didn't come across one that inspired me....not to say there aren't a ton of super wreaths out there.

My solution was to go to Hobby Lobby and figure it out spontaneously.  Here is what I came home with:

This (compacted) cardboard spider, which is what I built the rest of the wreath around.  I imagined it all glittered up.


 In addition to the spider, I picked up a foam wreath, some wooden letters, black ribbon, tule, and silver pom poms





I wrapped the green foam wreath with the black ribbon so it was completely covered up and completely black.  Then I covered the spider with an orange glitter....and I also covered the wooden letters with purple glitter.  Next, I cut the tulle into 2" strips, folded it in half, and tied a knot at the bottom.

After I had a bunch of tule knots, I glued them onto the wreath and added some silver pom poms here and there.  At the base of the wreath I glued the letters to spell "EEK."





And this wreath is being hung above the mantel on our big mirror.





2 comments: