Sunday, February 3, 2013

Valentine "Gumball" Machine

I originally saw this idea here.  One thing led to another and I eventually stumbled across many Valentine's Day Gumball Machines on Pinterest, such as this one.


Easy enough, right?

I hopped on over to Hobby Lobby and picked up some materials.  I'm pretty sure everything I bought was either 40% or 50% off.  In total, it probably cost $10 a Gumball Machine.









Ok...so let's talk about spray painting the terra cotta pot and saucer.  Not easy.  It took a ton of paint!  I even primed everything.  If I were to make this again, I would try acrylic or regular house paint.  However, in the end, after many coats and a lot of patience, the paint job turned out well.

I used E6000 glue to adhere the glass bowl to the pot and the wooden ball to the saucer.

I made 2 Gumball Machines.
First...



Second...






3 comments:

  1. VERY cool!!! I might just try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vending machines have been around for quite some time now and people have often been overlooking just how important vending machines are. Though they are almost and read more about it from this website.

    ReplyDelete