Saturday, November 23, 2013

Table Votives

Let it be known that I haven't forgotten about my dear ol' blog.  It's been since September 9th that I've put up a post.  Whoa!  With working, two kids in sports, and everything else, I rarely have time to devote to completing projects.  

However, now that I am rolling into Thanksgiving vacation I actually have some free time.  My husband and I are hosting Thanksgiving this year.  There will be a total of 10 of us.  We usually travel on Thanksgiving so I am one, looking forward to not being on the road and two, getting the table decorated for our guests.

I thought it would be nice to have a votive at each person's place setting.  I had pictured small glass votive holders covered partially with glitter.

I found the materials today at Michael's.  

Let's start with the votives, that come in a package of 16, for $8.99 (but I used my app coupon and got them for 50% off...only $4.50.)


I also picked up some glitter for $2.99.


Then I gathered my materials.


I decided that with 10 votives, I would create 5 different designs....two of each.  I simply taped off the votive, brushed on the glue, and sprinkled the glitter.


Here's what they looked like once I peeled off the tape.





Yes...they are on the mantel because I don't have my table decorations set up yet....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment